These are the big news across Nigeria and around the world that might interest you today, Wednesday, July 20, 2022.
1. Buhari orders education minister, Adamu, to resolve dispute with ASUU in 14 days
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday directed the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, to resolve the dispute with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) within 14 days.
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday unveiled the new Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited, a landmark event that officially changes the oil firm from a wholly state-run entity to a commercial oil company, limited by shares.
3. Court fines Delta SDP guber candidate, Kenneth Gbagi, N1m for stripping, torturing hotel staff
Justice Vera Agbodje of a Delta State High Court has awarded the sum of N1 million against Kenneth Gbagi and his Signatious Hotel in Uvwie Local Government Area of the state, in a suit by one Mr Victor Ephraim.
4. Ex-Zamfara Governor, Yari, meets Wike in Port Harcourt
Former Governor of Zamafara State, Abdulazizi Yari, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Katsina State, Sen. Yakubu Lado Danmarke, and the PDP governorship candidate in Kano State, Alhaji Mohammed Abacha, on Tuesday visited Governor Nyesom Wike in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Yari, who came with an entourage to Wike’s residence in Rumuopirikom, procceeded to the governor’s sitting room where they had a closed door meeting.
5. APC chairman, Adamu blames internal crisis for party’s defeat in Osun election
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Abdullahi Adamu, has explained why the party lost last weekend’s governorship election in Osun State.
6. Akwa Ibom PDP candidate vows to quit guber race, priesthood if WAEC confirms forgery
Peoples Democratic Party’s governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom State, Pastor Umo Eno, has vowed to withdraw from the 2023 governorship race and resign his position as a pastor if the West African Examination Council (WAEC) confirms he forged his certificates.
7. Bayelsa govt disburses N126m grant to 630 SMEs operators
The Bayelsa State government on Monday disbursed a cash grant of N126 million to 630 Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) operators who hailed from the state. GbaramatuVoice reports that each of the beneficiaries got a cash grant of N200,000.
8. IPOB warns against fraudulent persons soliciting funds on its behalf
The leadership of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has expressed concern over situations in which individuals purportedly claimed they had permission to gather money for their security division, the Eastern Security Network ESN).
9. Court adjourns hearing in suit challenging PDP guber primary in Zamfara
Justice Aminu Bappa-Aliyu of the Federal High Court, Gusau, on Tuesday adjourned till July 26, hearing in the suit challenging the credibility of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship primary in Zamfara State.
10. Sanwo-Olu, others may suffer same fate as Oyetola unless… —APC Chieftain, Nabena
Hon. Yekini Nabena, a former All Progressives Congress (APC) deputy national publicity secretary, has warned the party’s leaders that the time for taking people for granted is over.
11. Court orders Ayade to reinstate Cross River monarch
A High Court sitting in Calabar, presided over by Justice Emmanuel Ayade, has ordered the reinstatement of the deposed Muri Munene of the Efuts and Paramount Ruler of Calabar South, HRH Prof Itam Itam.
Prof Itam’s certificate of recognition was withdrawn in May after he was accused of attending a political meeting in the home of former governor Donald Duke in Calabar in May this year, which he denied.
12. Japaul Gold, Caverton on losers’ list, as Nigerian stock market value slumps
The capital market nosedived by -0.02% on Tuesday, as longterm growth sentiment remain scarce on the exchange floor.
13. NNPC approves N179 per litre pump price
The Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited has approved a new pump price after weeks of promises that it will retain N165.
14. $3.5M FRAUD: EFCC extradites FBI wanted internet fraud suspect to US
A wire fraud suspect, Fatade Idowu Olamilekan on the wanted list of the Federal Bureau of Investigation )FBI) was on Thursday July 14, 2022, extradited to the United States for allegedly stealing over $3.5M worth of equipment in various cities across the US.
15. Abducted Kaduna Catholic priest found dead
One of the two Catholic priests abducted by bandits last week, Rev. Father John Mark Cheitnum, has been found dead.
16. We are proud of Super Falcons even in defeat —Nigerian Govt
Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare has saluted the spirited display of Nigeria’s Super Falcons despite their defeat to hosts Morocco in the second Semifinals of the African Women’s Cup of Nations (AWCON).
17. Six-time PM Wickremesinghe wins Sri Lanka presidency
Sri Lankan MPs have elected prime minister Ranil Wickeremesinghe as the country’s new president, despite his unpopularity with the public. Mr Wickremesinghe faces the task of leading the country out of its economic collapse and restoring public order after months of mass protests.
For publication of your news content, articles, live event coverage, photos, videos or any other news worthy materials on GbaramatuVoice and to place advert, please call or WhatsApp +2348143459986 or Email: email@example.com