Today’s BIG NEWS headlines from Nigeria and around the world, Sunday, July 17, 2022
These are the big news across Nigeria and around the world that might interest you today, Sunday, July, 17, 2022.
Senator Ademola Adeleke, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has been declared the winner of the Osun governorship election.
2. 2023: Tinubu meets APC speakers in Abuja, urges Nigerians to shun religious sentiment
The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, Saturday met with speakers of state Houses of Assembly under the party’s control in Abuja.
3. Sowore’s running mate, Magashi, accuses Nigerian politicians of using youths as tools
The vice presidential candidate under the banner of African Action Congress (AAC), Haruna Magashi, has launched an attack on Nigeria’s political class for undermining the potentials of citizens.
4. IPOB accuses Nigerian govt of torturing Kanu ‘psychologically’
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) on Saturday accused the Department of State Services (DSS) of flouting the court’s order on its leader, Nnamdi Kanu.
5. New NBS report contradicts Buhari’s claim on Nigeria’s economy
A report by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) has rubbished claims made by President Muhammadu on how the policies of his administration has impacted on the nation’s economic security.
6. World Bank ranks Nigeria 8th among countries with worst inflation rates
The World Bank has listed Nigeria among the top 10 countries with the worst inflation rates in the world.
7. Industrial Training Fund chief explains why 23m Nigerians are unemployed
The Director-General of the Industrial Training Fund (ITF), Joseph Ari, on Saturday explained why many Nigerians are still in the labour market in search of gainful employment.
8. EFCC operatives storm Osun to curb vote buying
Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), have stormed Osun State in a bid to curb vote buying in the state governorship election.
9. Gunmen kill two police officers, one other in Anambra
Gunmen on Friday killed two police officers and one other person at Amukabra Achalla, Awka North Local Government Area of Anambra State.
10. Bandits kill two, abduct one in Jigawa community
Bandits on Thursday killed two people and abducted one other during an attack on Garin Gabas village in Malam Madori Local Government Area of Jigawa State.
For publication of your news content, articles, live event coverage, photos, videos or any other news worthy materials on GbaramatuVoice and to place advert, please call or WhatsApp +2348143459986 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org