These are the big news across Nigeria and around the world that might interest you today, Friday, July, 15, 2022.
1. Ivana Trump, ex-wife of former President Donald Trump, dies at 73
Ivana Trump, the first wife of the former President of the United States, Donald Trump, and mother of his three eldest children, has died at the age of 73.
2. PDP sues INEC, APC, seeks Obi, Tinubu’s disqualification
The Peoples Democratic Party has instituted a lawsuit compelling the Independent National Electoral Commission to prevent All Progressives Congress Presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu; and Labour Party standard bearer, Peter Obi, from replacing their running mates with Senator Kashim Shettima and Senator Datti Baba-Ahmed respectively.
ALSO READ: Today’s BIG NEWS headlines from Nigeria and around the world (Thursday, July 14, 2022)
The PDP is also asking the court to declare that Tinubu and Obi be disqualified unless they contest alongside their previous running mates – Kabiru Masari and Doyin Okupe respectively.
3. 2023: Edwin Clark endorses Omo-Agege for Delta governorship
AHEAD of 2023 Delta State governorship election, South-South leader and elder statesman, Chief Edwin Clark, yesterday, threw his weight behind the aspiration of Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege (All Progressives Congress, APC, Delta Central), saying as “my son, you will be governor next year.”
4. Kwankwaso picks Lagos based Pastor Isaac Idahosa as running mate
Presidential candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) Rabiu Kwankwaso has announced a Lagos based cleric, Isaac Idahosa as his running mate for the 2023 presidential election.
5. Court declines application to disqualify Gov Oyetola from Osun polls
The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, on Thursday, declined to disqualify Osun State Governor, Adegboyega Oyetola, from participating in the Saturday governorship election in the state on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
6. ‘Show treasury looters that crime does not pay,’ Buhari challenges African leaders on corruption
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday counselled his counterparts in other African countries on the evils of corruption and how to fight the menace.
7. No respite for students, as Nigerian govt denies reports of agreement with ASUU
As the current industrial action by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) enters its sixth month, the Federal Government has denied the existence of a Collective Bargaining Agreement(CBA) between it and union.
8. Osun: INEC begins probe into discovery of PVCs in drainage system
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has expressed concern over the report on Permanent Voter’s Cards (PVCs) allegedly hidden in a drainage system in Osun State.
9. Market cap down by -0.10% as investors lose confidence in Nigeria’s capital market
For the second consecutive day, sell-off by investors was the main activity on the trading floor of the Nigerian capital market on Thursday.
10. Banks’ borrowings from CBN hit N595.34bn in two months
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) through its Standing Lending Facility in two months, lent to commercial banks a total of N595.34 billion.
11. Reps confirm recapture of 421 Kuje prison inmates, summons Aregbesola, NCOS chief
The House of Representatives Committee on Correctional Service said on Thursday 421 out of the over 800 inmates who escaped from the Kuje correctional centre in Abuja last week have been recaptured.
12. Police uncovers baby factory, rescues pregnant women in Delta
Police operatives in Delta have discovered a baby factory in Okpanam community, Oshimili North Local Government Area of the state.
13. FG charges Super Falcons to retain crown as African champions
Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare has congratulated Nigeria’s senior women national football team, the Super Falcons for picking a ticket to next year’s FIFA Women’s World Cup finals in Australia and New Zealand.
For publication of your news content, articles, live event coverage, photos, videos or any other news worthy materials on GbaramatuVoice and to place advert, please call or WhatsApp +2348143459986 or Email: email@example.com