23/05/2022

GbaramatuVoice Newspaper

Niger Delta's Leading Newspaper for Breaking News, Fast and Reliable News, Events, culture, Politics, from the Niger Delta, Nigeria and Africa at large.

Thousands of APC members in Delta state decamp to PDP

2 min read
...Okowa says it is sign PDP will takeover centre in 2023

Thousands of the All Progressive Congress (APC) members  in Delta State, on Saturday, defected to the People’s Democratic Party.

Led by their leaders, the decampees at  the  PDP mega rally in Asaba,  said APC in the state has been on life support as “we are the engine room before now.”

The defectors who spoke separately at the rally expressed happiness to be in PDP, adding  that with their exit from the APC, the opposition was dead in Delta.

Those who defected include former state chairman of APC, Cyril Ogodo; state publicity secretary of the APC caretaker committee, Sylvester Imonina; and former senatorial chairman of APC, Ben Onwuka.

Others are leaders of various APC support groups including Ovie Omo-Agege Solidarity Movement, G30 APC group led by Sylvester Ogbokuni; Leaders and Elders Council of APC Delta Central led by Sylvester Kohwo; among others.

ALSO READ: Thousands Storm Delta State PDP Mega Rally in Asaba

A founding leader of the APC in the state and 2015 governorship candidate of the party, O’tega Emerhor, had earlier  described those of them defecting  as stomach politicians who had been financially induced to declare for the PDP, noting that the APC would not miss them.

The former state APC publicity secretary Mr Ogodo, said “we have come here to collapse APC in Delta. The hand we used in building APC is the same hand we now use to scatter it today.”

Thousands of APC members in Delta state decamp to PDP
Thousands at PDP mega rally in Asaba, on Saturday, January 22, 2022

Governor  Ifeanyi Okowa who assured that the decampees would be given equal treatment with old members of the PDP cautioned aspirants  for the 2023 general election and  their followers to avoid unnecessary bickering.

He  also assured that the primaries would be free and fair.

Okowa said with the rally, the PDP has made another loud statement across Nigeria that it is prepared to take over power at the centre in 2023.

Also speaking, the chairman of the party in the state, Kingsley Esiso, noted that with the defection of key leaders of the APC, PDP has reduced the APC by 90 percent, boasting that the remaining 10 percent would be harvested in another rally in six months time.

For publication of your news content, articles, live event coverage, videos or any other news worthy materials on GbaramatuVoice, please send to gbaramatuvoice@gmail.com. For further enquiries and to place advert, please call or WhatsApp +2348143459986. FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/gbaramatuvoice/
Advertisements

instagram volgers kopen volgers kopen buy windows 10 pro buy windows 11 pro