Queen Elizabeth II finally buried beside her husband Prince Phillip, royal family announces
A recap of the State Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II
- Queen Elizabeth II, Britain’s longest reigning monarch, has been buried in the King George VI Memorial Chapel in St George’s chapel, Windsor Castle, in a small private ceremony attended by family.
- Earlier on Monday 2,000 guests including heads of state gathered in Westminster Abbey for her funeral.
- The coffin was then taken to Wellington Arch in a procession featuring members of the armed forces and their bands.
- The Queen’s children, including King Charles III followed behind the coffin on its journey after it left the abbey.
- His sons, Prince William and Prince Harry joined them. The Queen’s coffin was later driven to Windsor Castle.
- A service of committal was held at St George’s chapel, where the Queen’s coffin was lowered in to the royal vault and her instruments of rule were placed on the altar.