17/05/2022

GbaramatuVoice Newspaper

Niger Delta's Leading Newspaper for Breaking News, Fast and Reliable News, Events, culture, Politics, from the Niger Delta, Nigeria and Africa at large.

2023 Presidency: We won’t allow him out of Nigeria – Fulani group vows to force Jonathan to contest

1 min read

2023 Presidency: We won’t allow him out of Nigeria – Fulani group vows to force Jonathan to contest

The Fulani group who purchased the N100million Presidential nomination and expression of interest forms of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Goodluck Jonathan, has said he won’t be allowed to leave Nigeria until he accepts the forms from its members.

Jonathan, on Monday, insisted that the forms were bought without his consent.

ALSO READ: Goodluck Jonathan defects to APC, picks presidential forms

The ruling APC forms had been bought for him by the Fulani supporters’ group on Monday, continuing the trend of aspirants using proxies to purchase the forms.

In a statement by the former president’s spokesman, he was said to be unaware “of this bid and did not authorise it.”

However, Secretary of the Fulani Group, Usman Mohammed, according to newsmen, noted that the nomination was meant to be a surprise gift to the ECOWAS special envoy.

He noted that if the ex-president turned down the nomination form as he threatened, they would be left with no option than to force him to accept it.

“I believe you are aware of how we blocked his office in the FCT during our rallies in Kano, Suleja, Minna, and Abuja, and forced him to come out to address journalists. It is the same approach.

“If he doesn’t accept our form, we won’t let him out of Nigeria,” he said.

Advertisements

instagram volgers kopen volgers kopen buy windows 10 pro buy windows 11 pro